Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Chametz-free Chocolate Chip Cookies!!

While many people dread Pesach for the cleaning, the lack of chametz (bread products) or the way it affects some tummies-my family looks forward to these delicious cookies! My son enjoys them more than the "regular" chocolate chip cookies I make the rest of the year-which to be honest are basically the classic Nestle recipe!! These are so easy to whip up, they get mixed in one bowl, and they bake in 10 minutes! I always double the recipe and they still don't last us the whole 8 days! Try these and let me know if your family loves them as much as I do! I hope they bring sweetness to your holiday and bring a little less grumbling to your home this week!

Ingredients:

  • 1/2 cup (1 stick) margarine or butter, softened
  • 1 cup sugar
  • 1 egg
  • 1/3 cup potato starch
  • 2/3 cup matzah cake meal
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 8 oz chocolate chips (I use Leiber's)
Directions:

  • Cream together the margarine/butter and the sugar
  • Beat in the egg
  • Add the dry ingredients and mix well
  • Add the chocolate chips
Bake at 400 degrees for 10-12 minutes on a parchment-lined cookie sheet. Remove to cooling rack, store in airtight container. They will be gone before they go bad!

Eat and enjoy!




No comments:

Post a Comment