Saturday, March 7, 2015

Best brunch frittata!

My cousins were coming over and I had just enough time to quickly search Pinterest while rifling through the vegetable drawer to see what I could come up with! I ended up combining 2 recipes to make my own with what I had in the fridge. Let me tell you, this was a hit!!!! Easy, delish and healthy! Not super fast because of the time it takes to carmelize onions, but trust me-it's worth the time! Adults and kids alike finished this off, so I must share with you!

INGREDIENTS

2 onions, sliced thin 
3 cloves garlic, minced or 3 frozen Dorot cubes 
2 cups spinach (I used organic, pre-washed baby spinach)
1 head cauliflower, chopped into small florets (about 2 cups)
2 cups broccoli, chopped into small florets 
10 eggs, beaten 
Olive oil
Salt & pepper 

DIRECTIONS

1. Sauté the onions (in a cast iron or stainless steel skillet) with 1-2 tablespoons of olive oil over medium heat until golden brown and carmelized. This takes about 25-30 minutes, but don't rush it!
2. While onions are cooking, put florets in a medium pot and cover veggies with 
water, add salt, and bring to boil. Cook for few minutes until fork tender and drain while broccoli is still bright green. Set aside (you can shock them in cold water if you like). 
3. Once onions are carmelized, add the garlic and cook for 2-3 more minutes. Season with salt. Add spinach to skillet and combine until wilted.
4. Add floret mixture to the skillet and cook on low heat 1-2 minutes.
5. While cooking veggies, whisk the eggs with salt and pepper until well beaten.
6. Add eggs to skillet and stir to combine with veggies. 
7. Put in oven and bake for 25 minutes or until set.
8. Cut into 8 wedges. Eat and enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment