Wednesday, March 11, 2015

Carrot Crazy!

I wanted to make a non-starchy side dish to go with tonight's chicken meatballs, so I turned to the two pound bag of organic, colored carrots from Trader Joe's that I had in the fridge. I have been having yummy success with zucchini noodles, so I used a spiralizer on the brightly colored carrots, and they were a huge success!! I loved that the kids had a yummy dinner of protein and veggies, but they felt like they were eating oodles of noodles!! Try for yourself!!

INGREDIENTS 

2 pounds of carrots, peeled and then spiralized or julienned 
1 tablespoon butter, coconut oil, olive oil or combo (I actually used organic Melt from Costco which is a buttery spread made from coconut oil)
1 tablespoon brown sugar
Sea salt, to taste
Pepper, to taste

DIRECTIONS

Melt the fat of your choice and add the carrots. 
Sauté for 2 minutes then sprinkle in the sugar, salt and pepper.
Sauté 2-3 more minutes until soft.

Eat and enjoy!!


No comments:

Post a Comment